The AMS is a means of aggregating and showcasing declarations of intent from multiple international buyers to purchase African carbon credits by 2030, aiming to support development of African carbon markets by:
- Creating a transparent number showing the scale of demand interest into African credits
- Supporting high integrity engagement with carbon markets
- Helping raise awareness and attract additional interest from buyers and investors not currently focused on African carbon markets.
Buyers/Investors can join ACMI’s AMS by signing a non-binding Letter of Intent stating
- Indicative intended purchase value of African credits by 2030
- Clear intent to respect ACMI integrity principles.