The ACMI supply catalogue is a centralized and extensive range of existing high integrity carbon credits projects in Africa that meet ACMI's eligibility criteria. The catalogue aims at showing a comprehensive view of African supply of carbon credits while increases transparency into African carbon credits.
The ACMI Carbon credit showcase meets several purposes:
- Centralize an extensive and differentiated range of carbon credit projects to showcase the breadth of African supply and encourage diversification (providing the 1st most comprehensive view of African supply)
- Support development of new supply by including and thus providing visibility for early-stage projects1, future vintages, new or emerging methodologies
- Encourage deeper and more standardized information disclosure, especially on co-benefits and share of profits to local communities and asset-owners.
- Drive transparency towards quality and integrity indicators (i.e., ICVCM’s CCP’s)
- Increase visibility for African project developers to international buyers and investors, leveraging the momentum and network of ACMI.
Projects in the Showcase meet the following criteria:
- Project validated against an ICROA-endorsed independent standard (potential future publications will require ICVCM CCPs compliant)
- Section 2: Projects not yet validated against an ICROA-endorsed independent standard
- Projects designed against new or emerging methodologies